The BookTube-A-Thon runs from the 24th of July till the 30th of July and is organised by Ariel Bissett on YouTube.
Here is my TBR according to the challenges.
The 2017 Reading Challenges:
Read a book with a person on the cover.
Read a hyped book.
Finish a book in one day.
Read about a character that is very different from you.
Finish a book completely outdoors.
Read a book you bought because of the cover.
Read seven books.
Please tell me down below what I should get to ASAP and your most anticipated read for the Booktubeathon!
1. The awkward first date – a book where something felt off. It wasn’t a bad book, but lacked that spark for you.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo had an interesting concept going on but something was lacking for me. I think the characters were underwhelming. The only character I found interesting was The Darkling. I overall loved the story line so I hope that the main character (and Mal) get more developed in Siege and Storm.
2. The cheap first date –a book that turned out less than you expected
Caraval by Stephanie Garber. The problem here was the hype. We were getting only positive reviews from people that got ARCs and I hyped myself up for this book. The story and the setting were bland. The descriptions were not whimsical and I felt like the author only scratched the surface. The story nor the characters had any depth. Stephanie’s writing was too simple for this story. When I hear carnival , I expect a lush and poetic writing style that fits the setting which I didn’t get. The characters were so boring and one dimensional so ultimately this turned out to be less than I expected.
3. Well-prepared first date – better than expected
When I read the synopsis for The Kiss of Deception, I thought this was going to be a cliché fantasy story but oh boy I was wrong. The first book does contain some typical YA tropes (love triangle) but the next books get so complex and interesting, it kind of blows my mind. The politics are definitely the most developed and complex aspect of this series. If you enjoy romance with politic intrigue, I highly recommend this series.
4. Hot but dumb – pretty book, not so hot on the inside
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
This book was a huge disappointing for me. The cover is absolutely stunning but Alexandra’s writing style was horrible for me. I felt like I couldn’t get through a sentence without falling a sleep. I have no idea why but her writing is heavy. The concept of this story sounded promising but ultimately fell flat for me. But what a nice cover!
5. Blind date – book you picked up not knowing anything about it
Strange the Dreamer By Laini Taylor. Booktubers and bloggers kept saying “go into this book without knowing anything” and I did that and I agree. This book is so mysterious, you need to go into it blind. It such a delight to discover the world that Laini Taylor has created. I did the same for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I have never been disappointed with her books.
6. Speed dating – book you read super fast
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I read this 620 page book in 2 days! I was studying for test, I decided to pick up this book and ended up finishing the day after. I was so engrossed with the story and the characters, I couldn’t stop reading. When I wasn’t reading it, I was constantly thinking about it.
7. The rebound – a book you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined the book for you
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. I read this one after reading the whole Throne of Glass series in one go and I was so overwhelmed by that series that I never finished An Ember in the Ashes but I’ll pick it back up in the future.
8. Overly enthusiastic date – a book that felt like it was trying too hard
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. This book was trying too hard to be a creepy, thriller YA book. I just couldn’t stand anyone in this story and the intrigue and suspense was lack luster.
9. The perfect first date – book that did everything right for you
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor did everything right for me.
- interesting and captivating characters
- forbidden love story
- magical and inventive world
- beautiful writing style
10. Humiliating first date – book you’re embarrassed to admit you liked/ embarrassed to see reading in public for whatever reason
I’ll never be embarrassed by what I read but a cringy covers were definitely the original covers for the Off Campus by Elle Kennedy. I waited to buy the new covers because I couldn’t read the books where you have half naked men on the cover. No thank you!
I found this tag on different French blogs and because I am a big fan of New Adult , I had to do this tag! I’ll try to translate the questions to English. Please do this tag and link it down below or recommend me your favorite New Adult book!
1. Quel est votre New Adult préféré ? (allez, on est gentille, vous pouvez en choisir 2 ^^)
Favorite New Adult read (max. 2)
2. Quel est le New Adult que vous avez choisi uniquement pour la couverture ?
New Adult you picked up for its cover
I just bought this one because of its cover.
3. Quel est le New Adult qui vous a le plus ému ?
Most emotional New Adult read
- I want to add The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
4. Quel est votre héros de New Adult préféré ? Celui qui vous émoustille, celui à qui vous avez pensé pendant des semaines et des semaines entières, qui a hanté vos rêves les plus fous.
Favorite male love interest (the one you thought about for weeks and makes you dream)
Joshua Templeman from The Hating Game.
I also have a big crush on Rhysand from the ACOTAR series but I don’t really count that as New Adult romance but he would be my first pick for sure.
5. Quel est le New Adult qui vous le plus déçu ?
Most disappointing New Adult read
I hate this book! This was such a boring. The road trip bored me to tears and both characters are full of clichés. I was so disappointed by this book because this book only gets praise. Huge disappointment for sure!
6. Quel est le premier New Adult que vous avez découvert ?
First New Adult read. The one that made you discover the genre.
I don’t know if this New Adult or Young Adult but this book definitely introduced me to the New Adult genre.
7. Quel est votre auteur de New Adult préféré ?
Favorite New Adult author
Elle Kennedy & Amy Harmon
8. Qu’est ce qui vous plait dans ce genre de lectures ?
Favorite aspect in New Adult books
Hahaha how is this even a question. Euhhh well the steamy scenes duh! But also the characters are older so I can relate more with their struggles.
9. Quelle est votre maisons d’édition préférée pour les New Adult ?
Favorite publishing house
I would say Atria books (from Simon & Schuster) because they create some amazing covers for their books.
10. Quels New Adult voudriez-vous voir adapté au cinéma ?
A New Adult book you want to see adapted into a movie
I would love to see On The Island as a movie because the setting would be amazing and their adventure would make a great movie!
I am leaving for a month to Greece so I’ll be reading tons there. Here is my TBR for the summer! (Tell me in the comments down below which book I should get to ASAP)
- Until it Fades by K.A. Tucker
- How to make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Les anges mordent aussi de Sophie Jomain
- Six of Crows (edition française) de Leigh Bardugo (reread)
- Come Back to Me by Mila Gray
- The Score by Elle Kennedy
- Archer’s Voice (edition française) de Mia Sheridan (reread)
- Simon vs. the Home Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon