This book tag was created by TheBookArcher on YouTube.
Disclaimer : these are my opinions, so please don’t get offended if I don’t like your favorite book or series.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I have already mentioned why I didn’t like Passenger. The plot is interesting but Alexandra’s writing style is horrible to read. Reading Passenger feels like slugging through mud.
Anna and The French Kiss was problematic. Cheating was excused because Etienne’s girlfriend is a ‘bitch’. I didn’t like the characters nor the story. Anna is unlikable and her ability to make friends immediately was too unrealistic for me.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was just not for me. I didn’t like her unreliable narration. I found a few ‘romantic’ things problematic.
Everything, Everything was again not my cup of tea. There is also a review about how problematic the plot twist about the mother is. Please check out this eye-opening review.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I don’t like the OTP in the Grisha trilogy. I also couldn’t stand Anna and Etienne from Anna and The French Kiss.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
- Anna from Anna and the French Kiss
- Cress from The Lunar Chronicles
- Alexander from The Bronze Horseman trilogy
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
- Rick Yancey
- Stephanie Perkins
- Patrick Ness
- Alexandra Bracken
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
The chosen one is overdone so I am tired of seeing it. I am tired of seeing ‘broken characters’ in NA because they have a tragic past. The most irritating trope in YA is miscommunication. Miscommunication is so frustrating to read. I can’t handle a whole book that is based on miscommunication.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?