A big thank you to Laura Beth. I feel very honored to be tagged in her post. I have never been tagged in the “The Blogger Recognition Award” so this is a first. I hope bloggers can get something out of my advice. You should definitely check out Laura Beth’s amazing blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Why did I start my blog?
I started my blog in July of 2016. Creating a blog has always been a dream of mine.I always thought that I was too young and inexperienced to start a blog. I have been a huge reader but since little but nobody in my entourage shares the same passion for reading as me. I craved a connection with someone so I could share my love for reading/books. I used to read books in Dutch but a few years ago I switched to English. I found out that English books were cheaper and I could participate in this huge online community. Last year, I went to an America-Greek college and decided to follow a course about blogging. This course started everything for me and I have never looked back again. I am so grateful to the teacher for teaching us how to start a blog.
My advice to new bloggers.
I am actually also a newbie. I am not an amazing blogger by any means. I will try to give you some good advice for beginners. I myself have encountered a few struggles since starting my blog. Here is my advice!
- My first advice is never give up. When I started blogging, I followed a lot of other popular blogs. All of these blogs were so well made and had already a big following. They had amazing graphics and they could write a hundred times better than me. I thought that my blog was useless. I nearly gave up because I thought that nobody wanted to read my posts full of grammar mistakes. My advice is to not get discouraged but let it inspire you. Instead of being jealous , you can learn from these bloggers. They will give you advice and show you the way.
- My second advice is make friends. If you communicate with people and respond to comments , you will find yourself wanting to post again to interact with these people again. It’s sort of a motivation to keep going.